Sunday, December 30, 2012
this is the second prototype pigment protector i made for a tattoo artist/ friend of mine. i think it came out great! it is much simpler than the first version. solid brass hardware and rivets. hand tooled logo at bottom. machine sewn border and burnished edges.
made a points cover out of some copper sheet laying around at work. cut it to size, beat it with a ball peen hammer on the backside. flipped it over, pressed it flat. then i put it in a bowl of vinegar and salt for a few minutes. pulled it out, let it dry, then buffed out the high spots. repeat like 3 more times, drill holes for mounting- done. i think it looks good, too bad there are no actual points in there.